Wednesday, January 1, 2014

{Resolved}

Those of you who follow my blog (or read it when I post sporadically), know that I'm not super big on New Year's resolutions, but that I do view the start of the new year as a fresh start to kick myself in the behind to do things that I know I should do anyway.  January is also my birthday month, and as I get older, it's a good reminder to myself that I should make the most of the time that I have... That number of how old I am just keeps getting bigger.  So, while I don't always make New Year's resolutions, I do often give myself a jumpstart, and sometimes even set a few goals.  I have some goals for the coming year, and here they are:

I'd really like to run at least a 5K race every month.
I'm planning to run Bloomsday again.
I'm thinking about the Missoula Half, but we will see.  It will depend on if the date conflicts with anything.
I want to try to make one recipe off my Pinterest recipe board each week.
I want to read more and TV less.
I want to write more and read less (gasp).
I want to be a more welcoming friend.
I want to use technology more in my teaching and help others learn how to do it too.
I want to OULA more.  (I have a new addiction, and it's name is OULA!!!)
I want to be more open and less judging.
I want to travel, but I also want to stay home. 
I want to focus less on the scale and more on how I feel.
I want to remember that confidence and happiness are the best accessories a woman can have.

There is more, so much more, but I think this is where I will stop for now.  If I say too much, I get overwhelmed and then I just quit before I start.  But I really think these goals are things I can accomplish this year.  At least, I hope so.  Here's to a new start and a happy, healthy 2014!!!

No comments: