Thursday, July 15, 2010

{Not one...}

So, if you've read my blog for the last year or so, or if you happen to know me in person, then you know that my very favorite holiday is the 4th of July. We have had some great traditions over the years, which have always included attending the fireworks at Southgate Mall. One of our more infamous traditions has been to get a kissing picture. Silly, I know, but that's the tradition. THIS year, however, I didn't take a single picture on the 4th of July. I have a couple of pictures from earlier in the week when we set off our fireworks, but NOT ONE of my kids, my husband, my Boy Scout assisting with the flag ceremony at the fireworks show, my girls enjoying time with their grandparents, and certainly not one of my husband and I kissing. Jon and I were manning the Boy Scout popcorn and hot dog stand, while the girls were sitting with their grandparents and Gabe was, well, doing Boy Scout things. It was a sad realization for me on July 5th. But life is about change, it's just that sometimes it's hard to embrace it.

No comments: