Sunday, February 13, 2011

A quick fix...

At work, we have ID badges that we wear.  Mostly, I think it's a great thing.  It helps with safety for the kids, and helps me, as a staff member, to know who is in the building that is supposed to be.  I just have one teensy, weensy little problem with them.  We had to choose between a lanyard style that would go around our necks, or a clip style that we could clip to a belt loop.  I chose the belt loop style because I don't like extra things around my neck very much.  This, then, is what caused my problem.  The problem:  my skirts don't have belt loops!
So, I came up with a solution.
The clip:
The solution:  Ribbon!
The process:
First, I cut a small length of ribbon to attach to the inside of the skirt.
Next, I sewed the bit of ribbon to the inside of the skirt:
Here is the loop with the ID tag attached (you can see that it folds over the top of the waistband):
And here is the loop neatly tucked back inside the waistband, unseen, for the times when I'm NOT wearing my ID tag:
So there was my little 10 minute project!  I hope it inspires you!

No comments: