Monday, January 7, 2013

{Menu} Week of January 7, 2013

Well, the holidays and the New Year have come and gone and we are now a week into 2013.  Of course I made some resolutions, which I will probably end up breaking, but in the meantime here's a menu for the week!

Monday:  Grilled rib-eye steak, Balsamic roasted brussels sprouts, baked potatoes (the kids are having green salad because they don't like the brussels sprouts)
Tuesday:  Something I call Pastie Pie because I don't really know what else it is.  I have leftover meat and potato filling from making "Cornish" pasties and I'm going to throw it in a pie crust with some beef gravy and bake it til its done.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Update 1/8/12:  I ended up not feeling like making a pie crust, so I took some leftover frozen hashbrowns and put those in the bottom of my baking dish, spread the meat mixture and gravy over the top and generously added onion powder and garlic salt...Wow...It was so good!  We're calling it "Pastie Casserole."  As in, would you please "Pastie casserole?"  :)
Wednesday:  Steak and mashed cauliflower (I will link the recipe when I find it again).
Thursday:  Baked Tilapia with cilantro lime rice and fresh veggies (I think I have some asparagus and zucchini in the fridge).
Friday:  Usually we do a potluck for our church small group, but this week we are doing something a little different, so dinner might be on the fly.
Saturday:  Leftover day--->Eat whatever there is.  We might also have paninis if we don't have enough leftovers.
Sunday:  Beef and Broccoli (Crock pot dish) with steamed rice

So there you have it!  I hope you have a healthy week!