Sunday, April 7, 2013

{Panini Perfection}

As usual, when I decide to reenter the world of blogging, I am doing the shotgun approach, wherein you, the reader, is blasted with a smattering of posts over the course of a few days.  Today's post is brought to you by the letter {P}, as in Panini.

For Christmas, Jon and I received a panini press, and we have been having a grand old time scouring the internet for panini recipes (and then eating them), or creating our own panini recipes (and then eating them), or just turning plain old grilled cheese sandwiches into paninis (and then...you get the picture).  What a joyous road it has been!  One day, after a particularly good panini lunch, I posted this Facebook status:

Just had a smashed avacado and brie panini on cracked wheat sourdough for lunch. I'm beginning to think that I missed my calling and I should go be a panini chef. Anybody think a cute little panini bar would be fun? :)

And while, no, I'm not planning on quitting my day job anytime soon to pursue the panini chef idea, I am LOVING my panini press.  I have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to panini recipes or panini possibilities (I love that... Panini Possibilities, because, seriously, you can take ANYTHING and make it a panini.)  Yum.

Today's creation?  Yum.  I want another one.  No fancy bread today, just white sandwich bread, but I smashed a quarter of an avacado to use as my spread, two thin slices of cheddar cheese, and then some sauteed mushrooms and carmelized onions for the filling....  Panini grill heated, ready, set go... 3 minutes to Panini Perfection.  (Ooh, I like that one too.  Panini Perfection...  Hence, the title of this post). 

 I wish I had taken a picture to show you, but alas, it was already in my tummy before I thought of it.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  Or, go make one.  (And then eat it!!!)

More soon...
Becca 

No comments: