Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Celebrating 100 years of Scouting

Last week our Boy Scout Troop (1909) joined forces with another local Troop (1911) to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Scouting in America. We had a great time, enjoyed cake and other sweet goodies, looked at some memorabilia, and took some pictures to commemorate the event. Gabe wore my grandfather's Scout uniform (from 1939!!!) in honor of the event. I'm so proud of my boy for sticking with Scouting. I have high hopes that he will go on to become an Eagle Scout, and I think that he does, too.

The entire crew, Troops 1909 and 1911, plus some extra Scouters.


A closeup of Gabe. The boy immediately to his left is a family friend.


Gabe in the old uniform. I wonder if Stevi still has a Troop 16?


And this is him in the full uniform, even down to the socks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: