Saturday, October 8, 2016

{October Meal Plan}

Wow, time sometimes gets away from me.  The start to this school year has been very busy, with new schedules and lots of cross-country meets.  When I have weeks like last week and this week, my menu planning saves the day!

Here is my October plan! (Links provided where I have them, if you'd like recipe that's not linked, comment or shoot me an email, and I'll get it to you!)

October 1: Leftover day, usually, but we had guests, so I did a pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn on the cob!
October 2:  Leftover day for reals.
October 3: Cheap Chicken Monday (our local Safeway has deals on fried chicken, and Jon was "cooking").
October 4:  Baked Potato Soup
October 5:  Leftover soup
October 6:  Irish Pastie Pot Pie
October 7: Pizza Nite!
October 8: Leftovers
October 9: Thai Peanut Chicken Quinoa Bowls
October 10: Chicken Tikka Masala
October 11:  Homemade Gyros *Here is how I season the meat, but I cook it differently than their directions.  I make the meat into large patties and we grill it, then cut the patties into strips for our gyros. I also just use lean ground beef, but you could do ground turkey, lamb, or a mixture of your preference.
October 12: Chicken Fried Rice
October 13: Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups
October 14:  Homemade Pizza
October 15:  Leftovers
October 16:  Lasagna
October 17:  Moroccan Chicken Stew
October 18: Beef Stroganoff
October 19:  Creamy Chicken Picatta
October 20:  Leftovers
October 21:  Taco Bar
October 22:  Chicken with rice pilaf and roasted asparagus
October 23: Roast with Mashed Potatoes
October 24: Slow Cooker Indian Chicken Stew
October 25:  Leftovers
October 26:  Shepherd's Pie
October 27:  Baked Potato Soup
October 28: Leftovers
October 29: Pizza night
October 30: Paninis
October 31: Halloween... who knows?

No comments: