Thursday, July 16, 2009

aahhhh...summer!

We (the kids and I) spent a wonderfully relaxing afternoon playing at a local pond. I didn't take the camera, so I have no pics to share, but we played in the water, we laid in the sun, we snacked on Cheez-its and Oreos. Summer bliss.

We are headed into a busy weekend, with Bethany's birthday coming up, and then Jon and my anniversary, but it should be fun. My Dad is taking the kids camping starting Monday for a few days, so Jon and I will have free babysitting for our date night for our anniversary!! (Woohoo!!)

Things have been a little hectic around here lately, even though it's summer, with Gabe camping with the Scouts, Jon taking on more responsibility at the church, me with applications and interviews (I had one this morning!!) and painting the kitchen cabinets (ugh), and the girls with playdates, so it was especially nice today to spend the entire afternoon sitting in the sun, enjoying a good book and good friends, and remembering why we live where we live.

No comments: