Sunday, July 5, 2009

TWBA: Parental freedoms

TWBA (this week's blog assignment) is to write about the freedoms I get to enjoy as a parent when we have a babysitter. Very fun, and I think I need a date night!!

The first freedom I enjoy when Jon and I get a sitter is that we get to give each other our undivided attention. This is something that usually only comes at the end of the day, so when we get to have an entire evening of it, we cherish it.

Another freedom we enjoy is that usually we end up eating somewhere nicer than we would take the kids when we have a sitter. It's just usually how it works out. One of our favorite places to go is Jakers. They have the most excellent food! And since Jon and I like food, then this is a special treat!

It's also nice to be able to enjoy adult conversation. We have great kids, who get along most of the time, but there are definitely times when it is nice to get away from the conversation that revolves around baby dolls, Pet Shops (if you have girls, you know what these are), and Scouts.

I would have to say that the thing I enjoy the absolute most about spending time with Jon when we have a sitter is that I get to spend time with my best friend. And we're definitely due for a date night! Our anniversary is in two weeks!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

This all sounds WONDERFUL!