Monday, July 27, 2009

busy, busy, busy

Oh, my, the last couple of weeks have gone by in a blur! We had Bethany's birthday, which I already posted pics of, we had the church's 32nd anniversary, which we celebrated by having a big celebration at Caras Park, complete with a community carnival! It was awesome! Jon and I celebrated our 13th anniversary, the kids went camping with Grampa, came home for a day, and then Gabe left for Scout camp. He'll be gone for 9 days!! Yikes. I'm already missing him and can't believe that my boy can really survive without me for 9 whole days! (The fact that I left him to go to England for longer than that last summer is completely irrelevant!)

Today we had a great time playing with my sister and her kids visiting from Oregon. Papa treated us to lunch, an afternoon at Splash, and ice cream afterwards! It's always so fun to see our kids hanging out. They are the perfect ages to play with each other. I always find myself wishing they lived closer, so that the kids could hang out more often than once a year, but I guess I will just have to be content with how things are, for now. We are headed their way in a week and a half, though, so we'll hit twice this year! Of course, I forgot my camera, so I have no pics to show, unless Papa actually uploads his and emails them to me!!

Well, that's all for now. We've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of us. I have another job interview on Wednesday, and am still waiting to hear on another one. We go to Oregon, then we have Fair Week (and the food!!!) and then two weeks until school starts for the kids! Whew, where, oh where did my summer go?

No comments: