Saturday, August 4, 2012

Life in the 5-oh-9

Well, here we are.

We are settling into our new place in Spokane, getting to know the city and our neighborhood a bit better, and meeting new people.  It has been a journey to get here and we know it's not over yet. 

In the last week, we've opened bank accounts, purchased furniture, done a lot of grocery shopping, switched insurances...all those things that you have to do when you make a big move like this.  I won't lie...  Some of it has been bittersweet...switching my auto insurance from the agency I've been with since I started driving 20 years ago...but I know it's worth it.

I'm planning to get back to blogging a bit more regularly now that my coursework is all finished, and I have some craft projects that have been patiently waiting for me to give them my undivided attention... I just have to find them in the stack of as yet to be unpacked boxes.  Mostly we are unpacked and settled in, but there are still just a "few" boxes of craft stuff in the basement.

Knowing that we need to restock our pantry and freezer after our move, we've also gone on a month long no eating out challenge, except for the day we plan to go to Silverwood, and so far, we are doing great! 
Dinner menus for the last week:
Monday:  Homemade Mac & Cheese 
Tuesday:  Fried Rice with green beans and cabbage
Wednesday:  Tilapia with roasted red potatoes and green salad
Thursday:  Fish tacos with tomato/avocado/cabbage salsa
Friday:  Beef enchiladas with Mexican rice and green salad

I'm not sure how the weekend is shaping up yet, but I'm sure we'll throw together something!
I've got lots of pictures to share from our trips to Glacier and Yellowstone before the move, so watch for those soon.

I will be changing the title of the blog again, but will leave the address the same for now, so you can still find me here.  I'll always be a Montana girl at heart!



1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

Yay glad you are going to blog more! I'm glad you are settling in!