Sunday, August 5, 2012

{Tomorrow}

Tomorrow, I will take my amazing, funny, talented 14-year old son and register him for high school.

Just being honest here, but this scares me to death.  We will have to make some significant decisions for the boy, because they do things in high school differently here in the 509 than what I knew in the 406, like only having room in the fresh schedule for 6 credits with 1 elective.  Now if you know my creative, artistic and musical boy, then you know that 1 elective just isn't going to cut it. We do have some options through online classes, but I don't want to overload the boy either.

This also makes me feel OLD.  Seriously, when did I get old enough to have a child in HIGH SCHOOL?!?  Time is going by so quickly! Just four short years and he'll be heading to college... Oh dear, I can't think about that right now.

Tonight, I'm so thankful for a sensitive, thoughtful son who doesn't shrug me off when I throw an arm around his shoulders (although soon it will be him throwing an arm around me, he's the taller one now), who loves to show affection in the form of hugs, and is (usually) sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of others, even his sisters.  I'm so excited to see where God will take the boy in the coming years, yet I am a little sad, too, but I guess that's the life of a mom.
I'll let you know how it all turns out!


No comments: