Tuesday, September 4, 2012

{1st day of school 2012}

No first day photo shoot this year.  New schedules, new schools, new jobs all had us going separate directions this morning.  Gabe (officially a 9th grader) had to be at cross country practice at 7am.  I left for work just before 8.  Jon got the girls off to their schools and then worked from home for most of the day.  From all reports, the first day was a success.  Micci made friends with several girls and was asked out (repeatedly) by a boy.  Sweet girl that she is, she told him no, that she's not allowed to date.  When the boy told her to just "not tell her parents," she promptly informed him that, "I don't keep secrets from them!" 

Beth reported that she made precisely 2.5 friends.  I asked her how this was possible, and she replied that she isn't sure if one of the girls likes her or not.  But she is determined to try to be a friend anyway.

Gabe has already been making friends with the cross country freshmen, and he seems to be developing a nice group of friends.  High school can be terrifying, so I'm glad he's got some friends already!

My day was very low key.  I had one fourth grade music class, and the rest of the day was prep for me.  Tomorrow I will see more classes.  But even having only one class, I'm already figuring out things that work and things that don't.  Its a learning experience for all of us; I'm just the "learner in charge"!


1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

2.5 friends I love it! Glad they are adjusting. It's so cool how you are trusting God and totally stepping out of your comfort zone. It's admirable!