Tuesday, September 25, 2012

{Homecoming}

It was so much fun to travel back to Missoula this last weekend to see family and friends.  While we were there, we ate at many of our favorite Missoula haunts, including the fabulous Double Front Cafe, home of the best fried chicken in the world (after my mother-in-law's, of course), and China Garden, where they make the best egg rolls I've had. 

We had a super busy whirlwind trip.  The kids got to spend time with friends.  We went to a parade, a baby shower and a wedding.  We had good meals and better conversation.  We answered the questions about Spokane and work and the church plant and how the kids are adjusting many, many times.  So many times, in fact, that I'm not sure how sincere I sounded by Sunday morning. 

(We love Spokane.  Work is going great, but has it's challenges.  The church plant is going very well; we have a core group of about 20 right now, but expect about 30 this coming Sunday.  Slow and steady.  The kids are doing great, involved in activities and making friends.  So things are very good.  Truly.)

Just in case you talked to me on Sunday and didn't quite believe me.  ;-)

The Homecoming game was a bit disappointing.  For starters, I didn't get to see it.  Secondly, we lost.  That always puts a damper on things.

Sunday came all too quickly, and after such a crazy weekend, I felt like I needed an extra day to recoup.  It was good to come back to Spokane, which doesn't *quite* feel like home yet.  All of our material things are here, which helps it to feel like home.  But maybe that's the way it should be...

"All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong"
    --Building 429

Helps me to keep it in perspective.

So if I didn't get to see you or hug you (Kylie) or chat with you this weekend, know that I still love all my Missoula peeps.  And my new Spokane friends, you were all missed while I was gone.
Ok, more blog posts to write...  one menu plan coming up!!

1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

Wish I could have hugged you too! Man it was a crazy weekend! I'm glad that things are going well. What a journey you are on....I hope Spokane feels more like home soon BUT, I know that Missoula will always be your home away from home and I love that!